This all-purpose marinade can be used to elevate fish, meat or poultry dishes. It’s herbaceous flavour is courtesy of 4 different herbs – including cannabis.
Weedbox is back in the kitchen with Chef Forte for another weed-infused recipe! We’ll be walking you through how to make an infused herb marinade paired with pan-fried salmon.
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 whole white onion
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 gram of cannabis
- First we’ll focus on the key ingredient to elevating our dish – 1 gram of finely ground cannabis (a regular weed grinder will suffice for this step).
- Next, with a chef’s knife, rough chop all the herbs; this includes 1 bunch of thyme, 1 bunch of cilantro, 1 bunch of scallion, and 1 bunch of basil.
- Finally, chop 1 whole white onion into medium pieces.
4. Now that all our prep is finished, we’re going to add the herbs, onion, ground cannabis and 2 cups of olive oil into the blender. Pulse the blender until you get a smooth consistency with a bright green hue.
5. Add all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for about an hour on extremely low heat. After an hour your herb marinade is ready for use. It’s a great addition to many different dishes including fish, meat or poultry, mixed into vinegar to make salad dressing or simply use the oil of the mixture for pan frying.
6. In this recipe we’ll show you how to pair the herb marinade with salmon. While the marinade cools, we’re going to place a cast iron skillet on the stove at medium to high heat and turn on the oven at 400. Once the skillet is hot place the salmon skin side down for 4 minutes, and then immediately place the salmon and skillet into the oven for 3 minutes.
7. Plate your salmon and pair with any sides you enjoy! The dish goes really well with grains; rice, quinoa or barley and vegetables. Next, pour your cannabis infused herb marinade and eat responsibly!