We spoke to Alison Gordon, CEO of 48North Cannabis Co, to curate some cannabis Valentine’s Day ideas, no matter your relationship status.
Valentine’s Day. A day for lovers. A day for haters. A day we use as an excuse to see that former flame we can’t seem to quit, just one more time, just for a second, just to see how it feels.
But it can also be a day where we can indulge in a little bit of feel good, and with Valentine’s Day being on a Wednesday this year, don’t mind if we do.
So whether you’re celebrating your fine-ass single self by yourself, or celebrating your love with your love, or are doing one of those girls, girls, girls, Galentine’s Day things, we spoke to Alison Gordon, CEO of 48North Cannabis Co, to curate some cannabis Valentine’s Day ideas, no matter your relationship status.
- For a night with your partner: “If you’re looking for a sexy and adventurous night out with your partner I would recommend a sativa or a sativa-dominant strain. Sativa’s give off more invigorating, uplifting effects and have been known to give people that extra boost to their sex life that they’ve maybe been looking for,” says Gordon. “That said, it’s always important to understand that everyone is affected differently when using cannabis. Sour Diesel is a good one to try with a partner. It offers a lower THC (around 10%) with some CBD (which helps to balance out the high – a good thing to note for novice users) and is considered an awakening strain that will make you intensely focused on your partner, while heightening all your shared experiences,” she adds.
- If you’re opting to stay in: “We all associate edibles with cookies and candies, but there’s now a trend now centered around cannabis cuisine. You can make cannabis into anything, like a sauce you put on your chicken or pasta, oils, soups, cocktails and baked goods. Just be careful about your dosing, advises Gordon. There are many cookbooks on cooking with cannabis available and some recipes online, so be sure to follow them and not get too loose with your cannabis dosage. Gordon says it’s key to note that cooking with cannabis, it can stink up your house. If you have kids at home or can’t have that smell around, perhaps finding a local place that serves cannabis cuisine is a better bet. A great strain for cooking with is White Widow thanks to its more piney and earthy scent.
- If you’re taking the Galentine’s Day route: If you and your girls want to go on adventure, Gordon suggests taking edibles and using a 5-10 mL range for starters “Unlike a joint that’s all about that gut based, funny, laughy vibe that’s going to take you on more of a ride. Edibles take longer to kick in and it will take you for a ride physically,” says Gordon. However, she advises users beware as it takes up to an hour to take effect, so wait it out and don’t indulge more if you’re not feeling it yet. It’s a creeper, much like that last person you dated which is why you’re getting high with the girls on a Wednesday night to begin with.
- If you’re just doing you this Valentine’s Day: For a quiet solo night with your fine-ass self, I suggest selecting a mood-altering playlist (I’ve been using Sonza and love their various mixes. Just go under genres and choose from whatever sort of vibe you’re going for. Then light some candles, run a bath, and enjoy your cannabis in the form that makes you feel like your best self, whether in a joint, vaping or hitting a bong. What strain is best? Gordon suggests a strain like chocolope developed by DNA Genetics. “Everyone loves chocolate on Valentine’s Day and this strain will mellow your whole body and let you go to your own places,” says Gordon. The Leafly website describes chocolope’s effect saying “The hefty sativa buds give earthy, sweet coffee flavors that provide a dreamy, cerebral effect. Consumers report a strong, euphoric mental shift that is great when coping with depression or stress.” Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.
- Single and DTF? If legal and sold in the city in which you reside, find a cannabis oil for your body, massage oils with CDB, and there are even certain sex related products that you can throw into your purse before heading out to a bar on your lonesome open to see what pops up. In California? We’re big fans of FORIA AWAKEN, for personal use or use with a bed buddy, which helps with full body relation, increased desire and a deeper O.