Looking for the perfect infused brownie recipe? Look no further, sweet-toothed seeker.
Brownies hold a very special place in many people’s hearts. They bring a sense of warmth, comfort and familiarity, and when you add cannabis to the mix, it makes them that much better. This is the quintessential edible and the go-to snack to make with friends. Read on to find out how to make the best weed brownies using Chef Adrian Forte’s classic recipe.
- 8×8 Baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cup
- Cooking pot
- 1/2 oz cannabis
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp canna butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
We’ll start by focusing on the most time consuming part of the recipe, preparing your cannabutter. Because of the lengthy process, this recipe will create a large batch perfect for later use in any other recipe you feel like making!
- Grind 1/2 oz of cannabis. Be aware of how finely you grind the cannabis because anything that will fit through the strainer will end up in the final product. It’s best to grind the product as if you were using it to roll, avoid chunks and aim for a powder-like consistency.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of butter into a pot and place over low heat. Once the butter has begun to heat up (Note: don’t let the temperature of the butter exceed 200°F) it means you’re ready for the next step!
- Pour your 1/2 oz of cannabis directly into the middle of the pot to avoid product sticking to the sides. Once the cannabis is in, stir gently until everything is mixed nicely and evenly.
- Cover the pot and allow the butter and cannabis to simmer for 3 hours. This allows for the activation of THC without destroying any of the active ingredients.
- After 3 hours, remove the mixture from heat and let sit for about 10 minutes to cool off. Once cooled off, use a fine mesh strainer to slowly and carefully pour your butter into a container away from your body to avoid splashing.
Next, we’re ready to get started on the brownie baking prep:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang, or grease the pan well and coat with flour. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large microwave-safe bowl (alternatively, melt butter in a large saucepan on the stove, then turn off heat and proceed). Once the butter is melted, add in 1 1/4 tsp cannabutter.
- Next, add 3/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Add 1/2 cup all purpose flour and stir until well combined.
- After mixing all your ingredients together, spread the batter evenly into your baking dish. You’ll need to work at it, spreading it out with the back of a wooden spoon since the batter is very stiff. When you’re happy with a smooth spread, pop it into your oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes; until the edges are set and centre is firm but slightly undone.
- Poke a toothpick into your masterpiece and it should come out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before lifting out by the hanging parchment paper and slicing into squares.
Voila! There you have it, the best weed brownies you’ll ever have (we may be biased, but still). We hope you find them as delicious as we do and as always, enjoy responsibly!
This recipe makes 9 servings at about .55 gram per square. If you’re an experienced edibles eater, start with 1/2 a brownie and wait an hour or so to feel the effects. If this is your first time trying edibles, we recommend starting with 1/4 – 1/2 a brownie and know that edibles tend to have a much stronger effect than smoking or vaping! Resist the urge to eat more than 1/4 – 1/2 if you don’t feel effects after the first hour. It could even take up to two hours to kick in, depending on your tolerance.
If you liked this recipe, check out more infused recipes from Chef Forte.